Mission and Goals
Cascadia Prepared (CP) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to assisting residents, businesses and emergency managers improve their disaster resilience throughout the Cascadia region (a 700-mile swath from northern California to southern British Columbia). Resilience includes especially preparing for the impending Cascadia Subduction Zone (CSZ) earthquake and tsunami, and subsequent recovery efforts.
- Our ultimate goal is to achieve strong disaster resilience throughout the region, from northern California through southern British Columbia.
- We recognize that disaster-resilient communities are simply healthier communities, both socially and economically.
- We will achieve resilience through building preparedness in every segment of the society and the economy, with special emphasis on vulnerable populations.
- We will pursue preparedness through strong partnerships with both government agencies and non-government organizations.
- Our partnerships will focus on strengthening and preserving lifelines that will sustain us through any disaster.